I suggest you ...

Internet activism, democracy & law

From Arab Spring to Occupy Wall St (etal.), RIAA & MPAA vs. MegaUploads vs. Annonymous, Internet activism is connecting with people in an unprecedented way, breaking through barriers and sometimes breaking the law. The "flash-mob" is maturing to capture real mindshare of the grass-roots and instigate action that is both social and with a political purpose, grabbing headline and driving major shifts in politics and policy. If this is the beginning, what's next?

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Paul Zasada shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ron Cannarella commented  · 

First, dinner and a good night's sleep. Can't to into battle with an empty stomach and insomnia. This is where my heart is; I make maps, work for the State as a forester, been political activist all my life, and not afraid to do the heavy lifting. On Makiki-Tantalus NB 10 and still fuming over how the Occupy ohana was treated. These views are my own, and do not reflect the views of the C&C of Honolulu, the Makiki-Tantalus Neighbord, or the Dept Land & Natural Resources. See you there.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Seems like you already have a lot to cover in HIA - A grassroots tech movement, and this topic might benefit from its own session.

• Dave commented  · 

Why not combine this with "Hawaii Innovation Alliance - A grassroots Tech movement"?

Feedback and Knowledge Base