I suggest you ...

Infographics Session on technologies to use / Data Sources / Delivery

A session to discuss who is making infographics locally, how they can be improved, visual and chart literacy, and how to deliver them in an effective way

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Benjamin TrevinoBenjamin Trevino shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ron CannarellaRon Cannarella commented  · 

@Art. I can do that, and a whole lot more. I'm the GIS guy for DLNR/Forestry & Widlife, and I love all things map. Also spent long time in Sicily and Malta, been to Egypt. and sang the Lord Nelson Mass, which Hayden wrote to commemorate the defeat of Napoleon in the Mediterranean. My interest is to get maps out there to the public, and new GIS technologies finally allow the public to create their own maps online; no software required except browser. Find me; I'll be wearing the tshirt that says "Forester". Let's meet, brief discussion to refine your required deliverable (hardcopy map, need details on the type of PDF or tiff you need, medium (paper?), resolution (300dpi?), due date, etc. Sounds like a fun project. Don't know Ben, but between us we know where to find the data and how to create your deliverables.

• BytemarksAdminBytemarks (Organizer, Unconferenz) commented  · 

Art, yes this would be a good place to start. Ben, who suggested this idea, does a lot of work in this area and can point you in the right direction. Hope to see you there!

• Art MurchisonArt Murchison commented  · 

I need to construct three maps of early 19th century Napoleonic military operations for a book. I need to show elevation/contours in two of them as well as troop positions and movements. Towns/villages and regiments need readable labels and perhaps small roof tops. The maps have to be reduced to approx. 9.5 x 6.5 inches. I have no training or experience with that sort of graphics. Would such a session be a place where I might learn to do what I want or at least get a good start?

Feedback and Knowledge Base